The Gift of Health this Holiday Season

2019-01-17T14:58:43-05:00December 20th, 2018|Community, Our Team|

January 2nd Update GoFundMe has generously donated $1,000 to help Rhea as part of its "Gives Back" program! On behalf of her and the entire My Blind Spot team, I offer GoFundMe sincere thanks and gratitude for its generous contribution. Right now, Rhea is in the hospital and receiving the treatment she desperately needs but

My Blind Spot Secures Approval as a “Preferred Source Vendor” in New York State

2018-12-22T15:38:50-05:00December 19th, 2018|Accessibility, Community, Government, Press Release, Technology|

Founder and CEO, Albert J. Rizzi, announced today (Dec. 19, 2018) that My Blind Spot (MBS) has been approved as a “preferred source vendor” through the New York Preferred Source Program for the Blind (NYSPSP) by the New York State Procurement Council. Through its affiliation with the NYSPSP, the MBS AccessAbility team will provide digital

Laugh for Sight Comedy Benefit 2018

2018-11-08T13:16:16-05:00November 8th, 2018|Activities, Community, Entertainment, Events|

This year’s Laugh For Sight comedy benefit is this upcoming Monday, November 12th, at Gotham Comedy Club in New York City with Robert Klein, Francis Ellis, Adrienne Iapalucci, Brian McCarthy, Richie Redding and some very special VIP surprise guests that you will not want to miss. Please share this info with your friends and come

MBS CEO Albert Rizzi joins Ray Saltini for the webinar Digital Platforming Conversations: Customer Experience and Accessibility in the Banking Industry

2018-11-07T14:54:25-05:00November 7th, 2018|Accessibility, Community, Events, Technology|

On Thursday, November 15th, MBS CEO Albert Rizzi joins Ray Saltini for the webinar Digital Platforming Conversations: Customer Experience and Accessibility in the Banking Industry! They'll Explore: New technologies for delivering outstanding experiences Accessibility trends and digital inclusion Actionable strategies for continuous compliance Managing IT pain and expanding scope Register for the webinar now

Does Your Corporate Diversity and Inclusion Program Include Powerful People with Disabilities?

2018-10-31T17:06:59-04:00October 31st, 2018|Accessibility, Community, Employment, Tanner's Thoughts|

by Tanner Gers Has your organization truly embraced diversity and inclusion? Do you have diverse, inclusive hiring practices? When you hire qualified professionals, do you have inclusive digital, physical, and organizational supports in place for people of all abilities? If not, your corporate culture isn’t as diverse and inclusive as it could be. And it

An Inclusive World, Maps, and Google

2018-10-29T07:55:05-04:00October 25th, 2018|Accessibility, Community, Outdoors, Tanner's Thoughts, Technology|

by Tanner Gers Even my grandma in her 80’s knows how to use Google maps. Google’s awesome technology has taken us to the next level with regards to travel instructions, GPS, and knowing where we all want to go. And when I say us, I really mean most of us… Until now. Recently, Google incorporated

New Voter-Assisted Terminal Gives Blind and Partially Sighted People Privacy When Voting

2018-10-22T10:01:36-04:00October 22nd, 2018|Accessibility, Community, Government|

OCTOBER 15, 2018 11:24 AM New voting machines for people with disabilities in Michigan were unveiled recently, ensuring that blind and visually impaired residents will be able to privately and accurately cast their vote in the upcoming midterm elections. On Nov. 6, thousands of visually impaired Michigan voters will get to cast their ballot independently.

BRIDGESTONE BECOMES WORLDWIDE PARALYMPIC PARTNER

2018-10-22T08:50:55-04:00October 22nd, 2018|Activities, Community, Entertainment, Outdoors, Press Release|

WORLD’S LARGEST TIRE AND RUBBER COMPANY HAS GLOBAL RIGHTS TO THE PARALYMPIC MOVEMENT THROUGH TO 2024 TOKYO (October 18, 2018) – The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) and Bridgestone Corporation (Bridgestone) today announced that the world’s largest tire and rubber manufacturer has become the organization’s seventh Worldwide Paralympic Partner. Already a Worldwide Olympic Partner through to

Richard Branson wants to change your perception of people with dyslexia

2018-10-18T10:29:51-04:00October 18th, 2018|Accessibility, Community, Employment, Entertainment|

Richard Branson on dyslexics: We're wired differently by Edward C. Baig, USA TODAY Long before he was a billionaire businessman or had "Sir" attached to his name, Richard Branson was made to feel "stupid." As a kid, he was actually beaten regularly – by the headmaster. The reason: his dyslexia. “People were either assumed to

Title

Go to Top